A restaurant in Freeport was badly broken after a fireplace broke out Thursday night time.
Freeport Hearth Chief Paul Conley mentioned Petrillo’s on Depot Avenue in Freeport is “just about a complete loss.”
Conley mentioned his division acquired a 911 name reporting a constructing fireplace simply after 9:30 p.m. When crews arrived, they noticed heavy smoke and fireplace popping out of Petrillo’s.
“It was a really going enterprise right here locally. It was an energetic day for them. Nothing an excessive amount of apart from the standard day, however we’ve acquired some suspicions on some potential begin of a fireplace,” Conley mentioned.
Conley mentioned nobody was within the constructing on the time of the hearth.
Hearth marshals are investigating to find out the reason for the hearth.
Extra articles from the BDN